Thursday 24 November 2011

Sophia Neophitou-Apostolou: Diary of a non-stop fashion fiend


"Today I'm a bit stressed. This is the shortest season in the world. Right now I'm trying to produce my two shoots for the next issue of 10 and a shoot for Japanese Vogue which will be in New York in the first week of December. I usually shoot three stories per issue for 10 and 2 stories per season for Japanese Vogue ."

For many fashion magazine editors, that is a season's work in itself. But Sophia Neophitou-Apostolou, whose edit for H&M goes in store at Selfridges on Thursday ("it's my edit of H&M - bascially, what I would wear, a 10 aesthetic") must be the hardest working woman in fashion. If there was an award for hard slog, she should get it. Her schedule this season includes consultancies with Antonio Berardi, Roland Mouret, and Elie Saab, her own collection of travel wear for Pringle called the Perfect 10, a project for Comic Relief with David Gandy, and she has just returned from a 16-day epic marathon styling and consulting on the show for Victoria's Secret in New York.

Plus, she has 10 and 10Men to edit, and a family. "It's been a busy few months," she says, although somehow she always manages to fit in eight hours sleep. "Without that, I'm a mess," she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment