Wednesday 7 December 2011

Larry King, Broadcasting Legend, Will Step Down After 25 Years


Larry King, who has been working as the host of "Larry King Live" for 25 years, will hang up his suspenders and call it quits sometime this fall.
Larry King, the voice and face behind the popular CNN show "Larry King Live," will step down from his post after working in that role for 25 years. King, 76 years old, made the announcement via his Twitter account, of all outlets, and noted that he wished to spend more time with his wife and children. Noted King, "I want to share some personal news with you. 25 years ago, I sat across this table from New York Governor Mario Cuomo for the first broadcast of Larry King Live. Now, decades later, I talked to the guys here at CNN and I told them I would like to end Larry King Live, the nightly show, this fall and CNN has graciously accepted, giving me more time for my wife and I to get to the kids' little league games."

King went on to say, I'm incredibly proud that we recently made the Guinness Book of World Records for having the longest running show with the same host in the same time slot. With this chapter closing I'm looking forward to the future and what my next chapter will bring, but for now it's time to hang up my nightly suspenders."

Jon Klein, president of CNNUS, noted, "He will end his run with Larry King Live on his own terms, sometime this fall. Larry is a beloved member of the CNN family and will continue to contribute to our air with periodic specials." King told comedian and pundit Bill Maher during his show on Tuesday that he felt very free after making his decision. Said King, "I want to expand. I want to do other things that I haven’t been able to do

No comments:

Post a Comment