Saturday 3 December 2011

Lea Michele Has Big Plans for Her Post-Glee Life


has made a name for herself by playing the hyper-achieving, would-be Broadway star Rachel Berry on the ultra-popular television show "Glee." But in sticking with reality, the show’s creator will have the characters in the show – who are in high school – graduate. The result is that Michele won’t have a long-term role on the show and, in fact, this coming season will be her last. With the Berry character leaving high school for the larger world, Michele the actress will try to do the same.

Michele, who will turn 25 this month, has no plans to slow down. She noted in an interview with Harper’s Bazaar, "I don’t stop. It’s my nature. People have to tell me to slow down. I plan on playing every role on Broadway. I want to do movies, make music. ‘Glee’ is only the beginning." Interestingly, Michele’s real-world musings about what she’ll be doing with her life almost exactly mirror that of her on-television character. Michele, however, has already been on Broadway, having got her start with the Tony-award winning "Spring Awakening."

And, despite the fact that she anything but conventional looks for a big star, she’s not letting it stand in her way. Notes Michele, "I’m five foot three. I don’t look like a lot of other people. I look like I’m 12. How many managers told me, ‘Get a nose job. You’re not pretty enough’? But I proved them wrong." With that chip on her shoulder, and the same hyper-achieving attitude as her TV persona, Michele should do just fine

No comments:

Post a Comment